How we respect privacy when we deal with personal information collected by our organisation
If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Personal data that we process
The following table explains the types of data we collect and the legal basis, under current data protection legislation, on which this data is processed.
|Purpose||Data (key elements)||Basis|
|Enquiring about our organisation and its work||Name, email, message||Legitimate interests – it is necessary for us to read and store your message so that we can respond in the way that you would expect.|
|Subscribing to email updates about our work||Name, email||Consent – you have given your active consent.|
|Assessing your needs||Information about your health and medical history||Legitimate interest – To manage services|
|Safeguarding you and our staff and volunteers||Information about potential anti-social behaviour, violence, disabilities and vulnerabilities||Legitimate interest – to manage services|
|Research||Information that is essential for the purpose of the research||Legitimate interest – to research services|
|Name, email, address, payment information||Legitimate interests – this information is necessary for us to fulfill your intention of donating money and your expectation of receiving a confirmation message.|
|Website functionality||Website activity collected through cookies||Legitimate interests
– it is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your order before you have fully completed the process.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out in the table at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you
- report to social services, the police, health services, identified next of kin and support
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required. Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
6. Cookies & usage tracking