We are delighted to announce that The Restoration Trust is now a Registered Charity (number 1161196). We have chosen to be a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), and our constitution is on our Governance page.
Our charitable objects are:
- The promotion of social inclusion for public benefit among marginalised people, in particular those who suffer or are at risk of mental ill-health, by therapeutic engagement with the arts, culture and heritage, through:
- Projects that encourage people to flourish through therapeutic cultural engagement;
- Research into the wellbeing and other benefits of therapeutic cultural engagement in order to show what works;
- Disseminating information about the wellbeing and other benefits of therapeutic cultural engagement;
- Improving equal opportunities for therapeutic cultural engagement;
Such charitable purposes for the public benefit as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales as the trustees may from time to time determine.